cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with the latest Zoom client update 6.1.0 (198) for Ubuntu

jatcela
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi there. The latest update to the Zoom client for Ubuntu, 6.1.0 (198), has performance issues and screen sharing issues. The zoom client runs slower than the previous version I had installed, 6.0.12.xxx, and when trying to share an application window on a computer with two monitors, it shares the 2 monitors at the same time, does not communicate with options Wayland to select the window you want to share.

In previous versions of the Zoom client everything worked correctly.

SO: Kubuntu LTS 24.04, KDE Plasma 5.27.11, Wayland

3 REPLIES 3

rocketraman
Newcomer
Newcomer

Same problem on Fedora 40, KDE Plasma 6.1.0, Wayland. Zoom shares only the entire multi-monitor desktop. I do get a dialog prompt about allowing remote access, but not the expected portal dialog about selecting a window to share.

The only workaround I've found is to run Zoom Web in Chromium (doesn't work in Firefox, would probably also work in Chrome). Chromium seems to use the correct window sharing protocol showing it works (it worked OK with the previous Fedora Zoom 5, but downgrading to that no longer allows log in to Zoom).

Mahmoudsheyav
Newcomer
Newcomer

the same zoom suddenly stopped and rejoined when I share powerpoint or Whiteboard its reoccured issue