cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem logging in and using zoom desktop app

MetroNYHealth
Newcomer
Newcomer

My zoom desktop app closed on its own overnight.  Now when I log into it and try to use it, I get a message that states "Your app version needs to be 5.12.2 or higher to sign in.  Please contact your IT team to update your app."  However, this app is just on my own personal desktop, and so I so not have an IT team.  I am offered no way to get to my app to update it, as I do from time to time.  I am able to log-in to my zoom account via my web browser (Google Chrome.)  Any advice as to what may be going on or how to fix it? 

Thanks for any help.

5 REPLIES 5

AnnaZ1
Newcomer
Newcomer

I am experiencing the same issue. When I try to download the newer version, it won't allow me to run the program. I am using an HP computer, and I am the only person in my company, so there's no IT team... Any help is appreciated. 

sbrown5685
Newcomer
Newcomer

Same thing happening to me.  I get no help from Zoom.  I do what they say and still can't update to newest version.  Has anyone had any luck?

MetroNYHealth
Newcomer
Newcomer

I think this has to do with zoom has launched a major facelift/makeover of its platform and apps.  I was able to get in touch with zoom tech support, and they advised me to do 3 things:

• clear the cache in my web browser
  • uninstall and then re-install the desktop app (it's different now from the old one.)
  • reboot my PC.

All in all this worked for me.

Hope this info helps!

I did all these steps and I still have the problem. It is super annoying

AnnaZ1
Newcomer
Newcomer

Uninstalling and reinstalling the desktop app worked for me. Thanks!