cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-assigned participants not making it to breakout room & couldn't assign them to the room

CampBlueSkies
Newcomer
Newcomer

A handful of our participants didn't make it to their pre-assigned breakout rooms. They were using the Zoom accounts they signed up with. Also, I couldn't assign them to their rooms from the main room.

Any clues on how to resolve before tonight's meeting?

@Nafi @Bort 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @CampBlueSkies 

I would ensure that the email addresses you pre-assigned them with matches exactly their registration email addresses, and, if they are authenticated users, the email addresses they are signed into Zoom with - if any.

I would also ensure they are all using their unique join links - and no one is using a generic link.

I would then also ensure that you, and they, are all up-to-date with the latest version of Zoom.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362233-Upgrade-update-to-the-latest-version

Then also try assigning a Co-Host in the Main Room to see if they are able to move stray participants to breakout rooms, if this is still a problem.

Hope this helps.

Rupert

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Rupert

Hi @CampBlueSkies 

I would ensure that the email addresses you pre-assigned them with matches exactly their registration email addresses, and, if they are authenticated users, the email addresses they are signed into Zoom with - if any.

I would also ensure they are all using their unique join links - and no one is using a generic link.

I would then also ensure that you, and they, are all up-to-date with the latest version of Zoom.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362233-Upgrade-update-to-the-latest-version

Then also try assigning a Co-Host in the Main Room to see if they are able to move stray participants to breakout rooms, if this is still a problem.

Hope this helps.

Rupert

CampBlueSkies
Newcomer
Newcomer

Thanks, @Rupert ! Will do all of that. I'm betting it's latest update of Zoom issue. 🙂

holsen
Newcomer
Newcomer

I have the exact same problem.  I have created 6 break out rooms and uploaded with the Zoom csv template.  All but 4 participants save to the room to which they have been assigned.  But 4 participants, no matter how many times I assign them to a breakour room.  I enter them, I click save.  and they show in their respective room.  I refresh the page and they just diasappear.   I have added them using the email address they registered for the meeting (recurring) with.  So this is causing a problem every week.   It seems the 4  that wont save are the last 4 to register.  We only have 60 registrations so have not exceeded the 200.   I'm very frustrated.  Help appreciated.