cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personal Room - "Mute participants upon entry" option will not stay turned off

sienaelliott
Newcomer
Newcomer

My Personal Room settings seems to have "Mute participants upon entry" set as a default because every time I turn that option off, it's selected again a few days later. I've been battling this issue for years now and it's just not practical to keep having to go into my Personal Room settings and turn off "Mute participants upon entry" every couple days. Anyone have an idea why this option keeps reverting back to being selected? 

3 REPLIES 3

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @sienaelliott.

Just to be clear, the setting in your Personal Meeting Room is not controlled by the setting in your Personal -> Settings page.

1. Go to your meetings page: https://zoom.us/meeting#/upcoming
  2. Click the Personal Room tab at the top: Ray_Harwood_0-1715911562950.png
  3. Scroll down and click Edit
     Ray_Harwood_1-1715911635486.png
  4. Locate the Options section and click Show: Ray_Harwood_2-1715911770165.png
  5. Make sure that the Mute participants upon entry is set how you wish (unchecked = disable):   
    Ray_Harwood_3-1715911867881.png
  6. Click Save

Ray_Harwood_4-1715912058654.png
If you find this is not the case when you enter a room, please check to be sure that the room has your. PMI number assigned to it. This specific setting only affects the PMI. 

Ray - Need Zoom Events/Sessions Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Hey Ray, thanks for the reply. I have been using this method to turn off the mute in my personal room. I've noticed that this setting seems to change (mute turns back on) when I schedule a zoom call in my Personal Room via Google Calendar event. I don't understand why scheduling a call in my Google Calendar would change my Personal Zoom settings... Any insight? Every time I schedule a call in my room this way the settings revert back to muting all participants. 

Ray_Harwood

I don't have any clue what Google might do... you probably give Google full access to your account settings in the enabling process of the add-in, so possibly it is doing something, though I don't know why it would alter your Zoom settings.

Be sure to check the setting at Personal -> Settings -> Meeting -> Schedule Meeting -> Mute all participants when they join a meeting to make sure any Generated ID meetings get the setting you want.

Ray_Harwood_5-1716929711740.png

Ray - Need Zoom Events/Sessions Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !