cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Participants can't join before host

ls00221
Newcomer
Newcomer

I've enabled the 'allow participants to join before host' feature as far as I can see, but the participants still get the 'waiting for host to start the meeting' loading screen, no matter how long before me they join. 

I saw online I had to be signed in on the web for this to work (though I use the desktop app) which I did but it still wouldn't work. This is happening to my colleague as well. Any advice appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2

ZoomZoom
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi, 

If everything is configured as it should, there are some exceptions:

• Custom join before limits cannot be used with your PMI and cannot be utilised when using End-to-end encryption
  • If Waiting Room is enabled in your meeting settings, Join Before Host will not work for your meetings, unless you have Waiting Room set to allow certain users to bypass. 

I would recommend scheduling a meeting and check your user settings. You can use this document as reference:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/202828525-Allow-participants-to-join-before-host

If this answer helps you, please hit the “Accept as Solution” button.
Thank you,

ZzZz

Hey @ls00221 just checking in! Was @ZoomZoom's reply helpful? If so, don't forget to click the 'accept as solution', button! Thanks! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!