Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optimize Zoom Recordings to be able to use in IG Clips later

Susanne2
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hello !

I am working with my Zoom recordings to clip and use as Instagram posts AND the quality of the video when I post on IG is terrible. I have changed my settings to HD so will try that AND, I'm curious if you have other ideas....I put my recording into iMovie to clip it and then to IG from there.  
THANKS for your help!

I am working on a 2023 Macbook Air and version of zoom 5.16.10. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

storyhub
Community Champion | Customer

Generally Zoom camera is 360P and screen share is 720P. Depending on your meeting style your recording will only be 360P if only cameras are used. If you start the recording after doing a screen share the recording will begin as 720P. When you stop the screen share the recording will still be 720P, but the speaker camera will still only be 360P being recorded as 720P. You can see these numbers by going to the statistics tab from selecting "video settings".

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

storyhub

Generally Zoom camera is 360P and screen share is 720P. Depending on your meeting style your recording will only be 360P if only cameras are used. If you start the recording after doing a screen share the recording will begin as 720P. When you stop the screen share the recording will still be 720P, but the speaker camera will still only be 360P being recorded as 720P. You can see these numbers by going to the statistics tab from selecting "video settings".

CarlaA

Hi @Susanne2! @storyhub provided a thoughtful reply. Did this help answer your question? If so, please don't forget to mark it as an accepted solution. Thank you! 

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Susanne2
Newcomer
Newcomer

THANK you for the reply @storyhub. I have changed the settings and will see if that is the solution.