cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening 2 windows

PickerDad-NW
Explorer
Explorer

This is such a simple problem, I can barely believe I need to ask.  My ZOOM software was many months old, so I installed the latest just now and rebooted my Windows 10 PC.  I started ZOOM as usual, but I only get 1 window, the one with the controls along the bottom.  I have always had a second window, which I use for the speaker, and use the first window for the gallery.  I can't find a way to open that second window. 

In addition, ZOOM is not showing the feed from my camera.  In video settings it identified the correct camera, but it is only showing my background;  no video at all. 

Help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

colegs
Community Champion | Employee

@PickerDad-NW - For the first issue, if you click on your profile picture in the upper right of your client, click on Settings, and in the first option (General), click on the "Use dual monitors" to get the data on multiple screens.

colegs_0-1722286143652.png

On the second issue, do you have other cameras available?  Are you able to switch between them and see if one is able to pick up the video, and if it can reset your current camera?  If you are using an external camera, can you unplug it and plug it back in to try to get it reconnected?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

colegs

@PickerDad-NW - For the first issue, if you click on your profile picture in the upper right of your client, click on Settings, and in the first option (General), click on the "Use dual monitors" to get the data on multiple screens.

colegs_0-1722286143652.png

On the second issue, do you have other cameras available?  Are you able to switch between them and see if one is able to pick up the video, and if it can reset your current camera?  If you are using an external camera, can you unplug it and plug it back in to try to get it reconnected?

OK, I cleared up the camera problem, by rebooting the PC, then by disconnecting/switching off each cable or piece of equipment, one at a time, from the PC out to the camera, then reconnecting them from camera to PC's USB connection. 

With the camera now working, I still had just one window, until I closed Zoom, turned on a second monitor and set the PC to dual displays, and restarted Zoom.  Voila, two windows!.  I don't understand it, but I'll take the win.  Thanks for your help.

PickerDad-NW
Explorer
Explorer

Thanks for the tip on "Use Dual Monitors", I missed it.  Unfortunately that didn't change anything.  I'll try rebooting my PC.

It's an external Sony camcorder and it's been working for years, right up until I installed the new Zoom software this morning.  I have tried unplugging and plugging it with no effect.  I have another camera, and I'm working on finding a cable with the right connectors.  Anyhow, it seems unlikely that the camera would fail at exactly the time I updated my Zoom software.