cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No sound from videos on Chrome when Sharing Screen

AccessK9
Newcomer
Newcomer

I'm having a (new??) issue specifically with the mobile version of Chrome browser and Zoom's Shared Screen. When playing a video on the mobile Chrome Browser while Sharing Screen, the other meeting participants cannot hear the video sound. Yes, Share Audio is selected on the tablet. 

• I was able to replicate the problem on mobile Chrome apps on both a Galaxy S6 Lite tablet and Galaxy A725G phone
  • It seems to only be the mobile version of Chrome - not the desktop Chrome. 
  • I'm unsure if it's a new problem - but I'm sure I've used Chrome during Share Screen before w/o issue. So I'm going to say it's new.
  • I have made sure to click the "share audio" button that shows up when Sharing Screen from a mobile device.

About my Set-up:
I usually have my Surface Pro computer with Windows 11 as the main host in meetings and cast video/audio to a  TV.   I join meetings with my tablet as a co-host and use it ONLY to share screen to play videos and do whiteboards during the meeting.

When watching videos played during the meeting, I watch my computer or TV so that I see and hear the video as my students do. I am teaching things that require split second timing. There is a 1-3 second delay in the video for participants as it goes through Zoom and to their computers/devices. By watching the video on a second device, I see it exactly at the same timing as my students. 

I often use a cut-off headphone jack on my tablet during meetings to avoid microphone/speaker feedback between the two devices & the TV.  This is easier than remembering the specific settings on the various devices to avoid it. Pulling out the headphone jack however did not correct the issue described above. And does not cause a problem when Sharing videos via mobile Firefox. 

Troubleshooting Process I have taken:
  1. Tablet has sound when:
    1. Playing videos via VLC, MediaMonkey, etc.
    2. Watching a Google Classroom or YouTube video on mobile Chrome and Firefox. 

2. When the tablet is connected to Zoom (but not sharing screen)
    1. Watching a Google Classroom or YouTube video on mobile Chrome --> tablet has sound.

3. When the tablet is connected to Zoom and Sharing Screen 
    1. A video played with VLC or Media Monkey --> tablet has sound and sound is heard by participants.
    2.  A Classroom or YouTube Video played on mobile Chrome --> tablet has sound, but not heard by participants (yes, "Share Audio" is ON)
    3. A Classroom or YouTube Video played on mobile Firefox --> tablet has sound and sound is heard by participants.   

Other troubleshooting steps I've taken: 

1. I attempted to uninstall & reinstall the Chrome browser on my tablet and deleted the cache. There was no change. 

2. I replicated the same problem with mobile Chrome when Sharing Screen on my phone. 

3. When I try to reverse the process, and use my computer to Share Screen, and watch a Classroom or YouTube video on the desktop version of Chrome -- the participants CAN hear sound. So it seems to only be the mobile version of Chrome. 
0 REPLIES 0