cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No sound from participants until they have spoken a few words.

mtc1
Explorer
Explorer

Having trouble with "sound activation"? I can't hear a participant until after they've said a few words or when they project their voice. There are some participants who speak softly that I can never hear at all. I've tried changing Zoom's background noise suppression level but there is no option to save changes and when I go back to check, it is back to auto/default. I facilitate a weekly support group and it's really awkward when I can't hear someone. I've tried using cc but that is delayed. I've updated the audio drives on my computer but that hasn't helped. Zoom technical support is not available with the level of service I have. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

storyhub
Community Champion | Customer

Zoom's background noise suppression level controls your mic audio. Since you have not defined the specific hardware I would suggest trying a different device (such as a mobile device) to see if you are having the same experience. If so it may not be on your end of the meeting. Ask a participant to turn on "original sound for musicians" or try doing this with a separate device.

View solution in original post

Thank you for your response. You were right when you told me to try another device. My old computer never had a problem. This new one is the one with the difficulty.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

storyhub

Zoom's background noise suppression level controls your mic audio. Since you have not defined the specific hardware I would suggest trying a different device (such as a mobile device) to see if you are having the same experience. If so it may not be on your end of the meeting. Ask a participant to turn on "original sound for musicians" or try doing this with a separate device.

Thank you for your response. You were right when you told me to try another device. My old computer never had a problem. This new one is the one with the difficulty.