cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Co-Host are being removed after a recurring meeting.

CCC-3
Zoom Partner
Zoom Partner

I run a daily recurring stand up meeting every morning with my team. Twice now in a week the Co-Hosts have been removed automagically after the meeting is ended. Any thoughts? I keep adding them back, both through the desktop app and online.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @CCC-3/.

By "removed" do you mean they are not a Co-Host when they attend a future meeting?  Unfortunately, this is the way Zoom is designed to work.  The designation of Co-Host manually assigned during a meeting is not persistent to future meetings.

This Zoom Support article on the roles during a meeting might be helpful to you:

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0064033 

If your intended Co-Hosts are Licensed and their user account is in the same organizational account as yours, you might consider using the Scheduling Privilege to allow them to start meetings in your absence, since Scheduling Privilege also allows that person to be Co-Host on entry into the meeting, in my experience (though I can't find any documentation that states this).

Ray - Need Zoom Events/Sessions Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @CCC-3/.

By "removed" do you mean they are not a Co-Host when they attend a future meeting?  Unfortunately, this is the way Zoom is designed to work.  The designation of Co-Host manually assigned during a meeting is not persistent to future meetings.

This Zoom Support article on the roles during a meeting might be helpful to you:

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0064033 

If your intended Co-Hosts are Licensed and their user account is in the same organizational account as yours, you might consider using the Scheduling Privilege to allow them to start meetings in your absence, since Scheduling Privilege also allows that person to be Co-Host on entry into the meeting, in my experience (though I can't find any documentation that states this).

CCC-3
Zoom Partner
Zoom Partner

After the meeting is closed, the Co-Host are notified that they have been removed as co-hosts via e-mail. I simply ended the meeting as normal. If I go to the meeting details, i.e. edit the meeting, they are no longer listed. 

Welcome to the Zoom Community @CCC-3

I agree with @Ray_Harwood, the co-hosts cannot be assigned ahead of time. The host has to promote a participant to co-host. Alternatively, the hosts can assign a user as an alternative host if they are licensed and in the same organization as you.

I hope this answers your concern. 

Thank you, and have a fantastic day!

CCC-3
Zoom Partner
Zoom Partner

Ok, to clartify, I have assigned two team members as alternate host that have always been a part of my organization. When they join this meeting, it shows them as co-host, thus the reference of co-host. These two team members are/were alternate host for this meting since 2020. And suddenly they were removed, and received an email from zoom that they were removed. 

At this point, they have stayed Alt host. After readding them both though the app as well as through the website port. I beleive this happened three times in a 5 day window.  Since then all has been stable.

Ray_Harwood

@CCC-3, I've never seen an email sent to anyone that says they were "removed as Co-Host." Co-Host removals are normally notified in-meeting with a small pop-up message, so the appearance of one in an Email is new to me. Can you provide a redacted screen shot of one please?

email.png

meeting.png

The email is the one that my team memender recieved. The screen shot of the participants is from this morning showing that team member who is listesd as an alternate host is labeled as co-host.

Hales2811
Newcomer
Newcomer

I have been having exactly the same issue for the past week whereby assigned co-hosts are being removed once they have entered the meeting once (some of our team will pre-check that there are no issues before the meeting with logging in and once they have done this they are getting an email advising the have been removed) so affecting singulare and recurring meetings.  Is there a fix for this as we are now encountering issues every day for our team and our clients?