cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Murderbot

sgoldberg
Newcomer
Newcomer

I am having a repeating problem that recently started: When a certain meeting begins, a user called "Murderbot" joins and posts in the chat the same message: "I'm Murderbot, ready to take notes for Archie Lacey. To start the notetaking and recording, the meeting host needs to approve the recording pop-up message." When I claim host, Murderbot posts the following message before : "Recording permission was denied, leaving the meeting." Has anyone had this issue, and how do I make it stop happening? Thanks. 

3 REPLIES 3

justinmarthaler
Participant
Participant

I wonder if this is an 3rd party notetaking app that got added.  We had this happen with an employee that inadvertently installed it for Zoom and Teams.  We ended up going to the Zoom Marketplace management and removing the app.  We also restricted 3rd party apps so admin approval is required before they can be added.  App Marketplace (zoom.us)

Thank you! How did you contact Zoom Marketplace management? And do you remember what settings you changed to restrict 3rd party apps so admin approval is required, and where those setting are located?

justinmarthaler
Participant
Participant

Go to https://marketplace.zoom.us/, then sign in with your Zoom credentials.  In the upper right corner, click Manage.   First, I would look under Personal app management and review your Added Apps.  If Murderbot is present, get rid of it there.  Then, assuming you are an admin, go Under Admin app management, choose Permissions.  Under Public Apps, and turn on Require public apps on the Zoom App Marketplace to be approved by Marketplace admin.  This will prevent people from installing apps without some level of review.