cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple breakout rooms with multiple co-hosts for each room

co5-12345
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi, I have a question about how to set up my organization’s zoom for our particular needs.  We have a 3 hour meeting with 10 breakout rooms and participants switching from room to room each hour.  There are 10 people in my organization who I would like to be able to manage all of those breakout rooms, see who is in each of the rooms, and move participants from breakout room to breakout room when necessary. If possible, I would like for those people to also have the ability to record in the breakout rooms and be able to share their screens.  This is a recurring meeting and the breakout rooms would be the same each time as well.  What would be the best setup for this scenario?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @co5-12345.

Invite your 10 moderators then make them Co-Hosts and ensure that they have the ability to record locally – before opening up any Breakout Rooms. Once they’re in a Breakout Room, they’d have to rejoin the main room to be made a Co-Host. 

Read this Zoom Support article in detail, and I highly recommend practicing several times in advance:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/206476313-Managing-meeting-breakout-rooms 

Ray - Need Zoom Events/Sessions Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

Ray_Harwood

Once designated a co-host, they will stay a Co-Host until you take it away, or they leave the Meeting. For example, someone might accidentally hit the Leave the Meeting button instead of the Leave the Breakout Room button … at which point they’d need to be granted Co-Host again. But experienced co-hosts shouldn’t have this issue – much, anyway!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @co5-12345.

Invite your 10 moderators then make them Co-Hosts and ensure that they have the ability to record locally – before opening up any Breakout Rooms. Once they’re in a Breakout Room, they’d have to rejoin the main room to be made a Co-Host. 

Read this Zoom Support article in detail, and I highly recommend practicing several times in advance:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/206476313-Managing-meeting-breakout-rooms 

Hi Ray,

Thank you for the quick response. Once the moderators return to the main room from the breakout room, would they have to be manually made a co-host again, or would it automatically assign them that status upon returning? I'm hoping to find a way to have these moderators move freely between the breakout rooms and be able to move participants from room to room when they need to without the need for the host to do much manual work once the meeting starts.  Thanks!

Ray_Harwood

Once designated a co-host, they will stay a Co-Host until you take it away, or they leave the Meeting. For example, someone might accidentally hit the Leave the Meeting button instead of the Leave the Breakout Room button … at which point they’d need to be granted Co-Host again. But experienced co-hosts shouldn’t have this issue – much, anyway!

Thank you!