cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing option to check for updates on recent PC versions of zoom.

doakley
Newcomer
Newcomer

The Mac OS version of Zoom doesn't have this issue, but the PC versions are missing the option to check for updates, and don't seem to be checking themselves. The option is simply missing from the profile drop-down menu where it is clearly displayed on Mac OS.

This issue has been ongoing since the original 6.0 release necessitating a manual installation, and has been the case on every computer I have come across in the office.

I have to say it's extremely strange for an option to be simply missing from the user interface - one would hope if there was an issue in the code for updating, the menu option would throw an error when clicked instead of being entirely missing. If I had to guess, there's something wrong with the recent Zoom builds that we have all been forced to upgrade to in order to maintain compatibility with zoom rooms.

1 REPLY 1

doakley
Newcomer
Newcomer

Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated! I cannot keep asking everyone to manually update Zoom from a downloaded file every time there is a major feature update.