cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mirror Mode didn't work

KelvinKhant
Newcomer
Newcomer

I'm using zoom with Mac book pro. I opened mirror mode in setting  and mirror mode only shown in my screen. mirror mode didn't appear on other people's screen.How can I fix this problem? Does anyone happen like that?

5 REPLIES 5

Dan_ZoomSE
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@KelvinKhant,

Mirror mode is not designed to flip the image for your audience, it is designed to make it more comfortable for your self view.   Many people get confused when they raise their right hand but see what looks like the reverse in the image of themselves right in front of them on their screen.. 

If you want to send a reverse image to your viewers you would need to use third party software or native camera settings to reverse the camera output.

If this has answered your question, please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Thanks!

Which third party software should I use?  How can I do that pls.

Dan_ZoomSE

@KelvinKhant i don't have a specific application to recommend unfortunately.  I would start by checking the settings for your specific webcam.  This may be in your computer settings for a native built in webcam or a companion app for a USB camera from Logitech, Poly, etc.

cmfields6
Newcomer
Newcomer

I have the same problem while using my Macbook Pro. Zoom support said go to "settings" then "video" and UNCHECK "mirror my screen". I did so. It didn't work. "Mirror" link only switches image to correct for ME, but not on other people's/participants on the Zoom. I'm at wit's end seeking a solution.

MisterG
Newcomer
Newcomer

This is a major flaw ... When I am creating a clip the mirroring works perfectly, it looks exactly how I need it to look for the end user who will be viewing the video i.e. when I look at something on the screen my eyes point in the right direction ... but when I play the video, it's broken, I point to something on the left and my head points to the right which is totally disconcerting. This is broken.