Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microphone working fine but Zoom does not detect it

gdepablo
Newcomer
Newcomer

So yeah, I'll try to be simple and fast
Zoom does not detect the microphone, and in other apps like discord / windows / whatsapp web it works just fine.
I'm talking about zoom desktop, in zoom web it works just fine.
So, any ideas? I also did the configuration stuff in the mic (that is to say to give windows permission, same with the volume stuff)
So, any ideas?
Software: W10 Pro 22H2, Audio Driver: Realtek (R) Audio

8 REPLIES 8

MGSR
Community Moderator | Employee

Hello @gdepablo,

Welcome to the Zoom Community! We're glad to have you here.

First, I would advise updating your Zoom App to the latest version. If it is still not detecting your mic, kindly do a clean uninstall and reinstall the Zoom app. 

Let me know if it helps or if you need further assistance. 

Mark
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

gdepablo
Newcomer
Newcomer

I'm up to date and regarding clean uninstall, I just installed it up yesterday and just now checked to see if microphone worked, but it didn't.

MGSR

Hello @gdepablo,

I'm sorry to hear that. You may check out this article for additional troubleshooting steps as well as supported USB device for Zoom.

Mark
Zoom Community Team

Hello Mark, checked the article out, but it was already activated. 
However, what I found curious is that Zoom does not appear in the list, don't know if it's intended or some sort of error. 
And regarding the USB, my headsets aren't USB but Jack, with a Splitter being used, so that doesn't apply in that case.
Any ideas?

MGSR

Let me look into this for you. I'll get back to you as soon as I get the information. For now, thank you for your patience.

Mark
Zoom Community Team

I am having the same problem.  My internal computer microphone used to work with Zoom calls and now it no longer does.   Under Windows 11 privacy/security settings for Microphone, under "let apps to access the microphone -choose which apps can access the microphone" the list of apps does not show Zoom as a selectable app, although it does show that Zoom last accessed it 3/4/24.  It doesn't make sense that Zoom was accessed months ago but now no longer shows up as a selectable app.  PS - my computer microphone is working, just not with Zoom.  

MGSR

Hello @gdepablo,

I’m sorry for the wait. Unfortunately, we're not currently able to recreate this issue; more in-depth troubleshooting may be done by opening a ticket with our Technical Support team. You can sign in to your Zoom account and visit https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362003 to view other available support options based on account type.

Thank you for understanding, and have a great day.

Mark
Zoom Community Team

storyhub
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

As an audio engineer I can tell you that computer audio is very complex and every software developer tries to handle it differently. However, windows tends to do a terrible job of managing audio and requires the user to make all the right choices. So digital audio has channels, bit depth, and sampling frequency. Certain settings of these parameters will work with some programs but not others. If Zoom does not detect your mic then most likely one of these 3 parameters is not set correctly in windows. In windows go to settings > system > Sound > Sound Control Panel > Recording > microphone > properties > advanced and make sure the sampling is 48000 (DVD quality). Check "allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" and check "give exclusive mode applications priority". In Zoom desktop go to audio settings and make sure the microphone is selected, "automatically adjust microphone volume" is unchecked and the volume control is turned all the way up. Click "test mic", speak a word, then wait for the playback. If the microphone is not shown in Zoom there are other windows issues. Without being able to see ALL of your specific audio settings this is a best guess.