Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meeting Room Issues

Jillness
Explorer
Explorer

Hello, 

My personal meeting ID link is sent to all my clients.  In the past, I would open the Zoom app, enter the Zoom room, and my clients would enter the waiting room and I'd let them into the Zoom meeting.

Now, when I enter into the Zoom room I get an email that my clients are in the waiting room but not in the same meeting.  Supposedly, when I open Zoom app and enter a meeting, it is NOT the same meeting as the personal meeting ID I've sent to all my clients.  

I have copied and pasted my zoom personal meeting ID link and put it in the weekly therapy invitations.  This has always worked in the past without fail.

Now that I have a new Zoom account, this isn't the case.

How do I enter into my personal meeting id link from my zoom app?  How do I configure my zoom app to always be my personal meeting ID that is listed in the web portal?

I hope you can help because I spent 2 weeks in communication with a Zoom represe

11 REPLIES 11

colegs
Community Champion | Employee

@Jillness - Please check in your Profile to verify that your PMI is still the same, and in your Meeting Settings to verify that it still says to use your PMI for instance Meetings.

colegs_0-1723488396351.png

Jillness
Explorer
Explorer

Hi colegs,

Thank you for reaching out so quickly.  I do not have toggle setting options like you have shown above.

All I see is a small check box: use this ID for instant meetings underneath the meeting ID.  It is checked and STILL, I am supposedly in a different meeting than my client.  

Update: I found the toggle settings under security - and those toggle buttons are in EXACTLY the same position as your screenshot.  Have been since day one.  STILL unable to enter into that personal meeting room from the app.  

colegs

@Jillness - For clarification, when you say "Zoom Room", you are actually talking about your Zoom client on your desktop, correct?  Can you identify when this problem actually started, and if you had made any other changes to the software, your settings or anything else around that time?

colegs

And when you start meetings now, are you getting a consistent meeting id, or are you saying that the meeting id is changing each time?

Correct.  I log into the Zoom app, click on 'new meetings' and instead of it opening to my personal meeting room, it sets up a new meeting with a new id.  

Jillness
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Zoom app on my desktop I log into when meeting with clients.  Once I log in, I click 'New Meeting' - and this opens up a Zoom meeting which is NOT my personal meeting ID.  So, my clients end up being in my personal meeting waiting room instead.  So, I have to exit out of this meeting room and enter into the room they are in.
I had a different Zoom account before with a company that discontinued Zoom.  When I was with that account, I just logged into my Zoom app, clicked on new meeting, and my clients showed up in the meeting.
Now, with this new account, this is not the case.  
I just want to enter my personal meeting room by accessing the Zoom app and logging into the meeting.
How do I do that?

colegs

Since you switched accounts, are you saying that the PMI you gave all the patients is from the old account, or did you give them your new PMI from you new account, and the application is not using the new PMI? 

If it is the first case, your PMI would change when you switched accounts.  You can try to change it to the old PMI, but it may still be blocked. 

If it is the second case, you will need to open a support ticket since it sounds like you set your profile up correctly to use your PMI for new meetings, so someone will have to look closer to see why it would not respect that request.

Are you kidding?

The Zoom meeting ID is for the new account.

I open my Zoom app, click new meeting, and I am not in my personal meeting room. 

My clients are in my personal meeting room. Once I am notified my client is in the waiting room then I click on the link to join.i would like to be in my personal meeting room from the start.

I'm confused why, still, after 3 weeks, no one can resolve this issue. 

colegs

So you are saying you sent the users the PMI link from your new profile, and you starting an instant meeting creates a different meeting every time.  You can either save your new PMI link and join it directly as well, or open a support ticket in order to get Zoom engineering to be able to look at why your client is not going to your new PMI when you click on the link.

I can tell you that you are correct, you should be going to your PMI based on the settings you described above, but based on this chat, it is not like I can determine why it is not since I can't look at your meetings.  That is why you would need the support ticket, so that your actual meeting information could be reviewed and analyzed.

Thank you for your response, colegs.  

I submitted a ticket over 3 weeks ago with no resolution.  They asked me many of the same questions, did screen shots, told me to click certain things which I did all of that or screen shots of my account that are not accurate.  It's a frustrating situation.

Thank you for reaching out and providing some support.  I do appreciate it.

colegs

Can you please give me the ticket number for the case you opened?