cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meeting Passwords

MasterHarp
Newcomer
Newcomer

Still learning about meetings. My Bible school has a zoom meeting for those unable to attend physically. I know the meeting number and password. This morning our leader started the meeting. Someone tried to enter the meeting using number and password. They received error msg saying unable to login. This is where the confusion comes in. Is there an admin "password" and a user "password"?

3 REPLIES 3

storyhub
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

NO, there is a username and password required to sign in to the account to gain access to start the meeting. Then there is a meeting ID and passcode that is used to JOIN a meeting that is hosted by someone else. IF two people have the username and password then both can sign in to the account and either can start a meeting. IF someone is using the meeting ID and the password (not the passcode) to JOIN the meeting then that will not work. So it is not clear what was actually attempted before getting the error msg.

MasterHarp
Newcomer
Newcomer

You have hit on the issue. You use the terms password and passcode. What is the difference? Our church office has "created" a zoom meeting used once a week. We have the id, I think 11 digits, and what we call the password, 6 digits. The teacher logins to the meeting. When another person clicks on Join Meeting and enters the save id/password they are unable to join.

GregoryPowell
Newcomer
Newcomer

Yes, the same is happening in my case.