cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meeting Attendance Report Best Practices

midagood
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi, I use Zoom for our nonprofit for senior citizens and we often have meeting with over 50 attendees. My demographic has an average age of about 72 so requiring registration is out of the question, we will lose participants. After each meeting I download the attendance list and spend a long time trying to parse the user names into first name, last name, and location. We do ask everyone to rename themselves and as hosts, we help them to make sure first, last, and location are listed. Even so.... the .csv file is a mess of jumbled up names that they have used for the meeting and their account names. It takes hours to manually transfer the information to columns. Since the information that downloads is not consistent, trying to ask Excel to separate the data using spaces or punctuation also makes a mess of things. Any ideas how how to better collect meeting attendance?

Examples of what shows up on the csv download:

Peter Green - City (peter)
Merle Doe# City (Merle Doe)
Charlotte Doe# City
George Doe# City City (George)
David Do# City(David Doe)
Steve Doe# City (Steve Doe)
margaret
Dorothy Doe City
Sue Doe she/her
Mary Ann Doe#City (Mary Ann Doe)

Some kind of "join meeting form" where the participant answers the questions as they join like "What is your first and last name?" What is your location?" - would solve it!

5 REPLIES 5

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer

Hello,

Are you sure that clicking on a link and filling this out this short form is too hard? It would solve  your issue immediately. This seems to take less skill than using Zoom itself.

Screen Shot 2023-07-06 at 1.55.28 PM.png

 Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

midagood
Newcomer
Newcomer

We may try it next year but I fear we will lose people because there is not one link that can be sent from my personal email directly to the participant. *Any* type of automated email tends to get lost with people who barely function with email and websites. This is my 2nd nonprofit that avoided the registration form for the same two reasons. 1) It adds another step outside of the meeting experience, and 2) the email tends to be lost or ignored.  I can't tell you how many people used to just give up because they failed to register ahead of time. The registration process works for most audiences but for those who barely use technology it's too much of an ask.

Frank_TB

The email address is not required  to actually join. The email field needs to be filled in, but not to join. The Join meeting button on the registration form that takes the user immediately to the meeting.

Screen Shot 2023-07-06 at 1.55.28 PM.png

Otherwise, I am sorry to say I don't have a suggestion to make your task easier.

Perhaps someone else will.

Regards

Frank_TB

Hi again,

What about using a poll during the meeting? Poll answers can be downloaded by the host.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/4412324684685-Enabling-polling-for-meetings 

Screen Shot 2023-07-06 at 3.24.29 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-07-06 at 3.24.41 PM.png

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

TheMoneyMan
Newcomer
Newcomer

Midagood,

Where do you go to find the list of attendees to your meeting? i need this in order to mark no-shows after my meetings so the people that did not show will not get the follow-up email.

Please advise?