Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Main speaker audio cuts out when multiple speaker speak simultaneously

nlc
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi all,

We are having a real problem with Zoom in the last few months. We are a church and we conduct online meetings. Typically, there will be a main speaker who leads the worship or prayers and everyone joins. So, we would normally spotlight the main speaker and ask others to unmute and join in the worship and prayer time. 

What we have noticed in the last few meetings is that, when others unmute and start singing or speaking, the main speaker (speaker who was spotlighted) audio completely cuts off. When the other person stops speaking, then only we can hear the main speaker voice. 

Is there a change that has happened recently that is causing this issue? We desperately need this fixed. Else, we might have to move out to smoother meeting software as it is so important to us. 

Any help would be of great help!

Thank you

10 REPLIES 10

Ole77
Newcomer
Newcomer

I have a similar question in a different environment where we would like a softer transition between speakers and freedom for two or more people to have combined sound at the same time. Having musicians sound on creates too much feedback because not everyone is wearing headphones. We often have more than five in a meeting, so the other "live" setting may not be a good solution either. 

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @Ole77

The only way I know of to do that would be through a mixer software, and I know that there are folks in this community who can assist you with that. I am not an expert in that area, but I will ask someone who is to assist you. 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Lovely, thanks for thinking of that and asking someone to help. 

YaBoiB

@Ole77,

Have you attempted to use Live Performance Audio Mode in Zoom yet? 

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0064198#:~:text=enabling%20the%20l...

It is a newer functionality that I have not tested to date, mostly because I am just one person and do not know anyone in music circles. If you have not, could you please test it with your group and let me know your feedback?

Regards,

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

Hi, 

I did specify we have more than 5 in the meeting - so that isn't an option based on how zoom is providing the live performance audio mode. Thanks for the suggestion. 

Any others?

Erica

YaBoiB

Hello @Ole77 

I was researching this today and read on the Reddit page something about FL studio.  Are you familiar with that software?

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

Hi, 

I have not. Looking it up, it is DAW software, which I use to some limited degree for recording guitar and vocals. I am not sure how that would work with zoom and if that would help all participants engage more naturally together?

YaBoiB

@Ole77 ,

I read on Friday that we had an audio bug that was fixed in version 5.17.10. Can you try that version and let me know if it works for you. I have not researched the audio bug internally yet but I will this week and let you know. I’ll do my best to get this fixed for you. 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

YaBoiB

Hello @nlc

This one may be difficult to solve over this platform, but I will attempt to help if I can. The main speaker: Is this participant using Original Sound, how are the audio settings set? Mac or Windows machine? What version of Zoom are they using? 

This does not sound like anything that I have seen before, but I will check our current tickets and see if anyone else is having these issues and report back to you on this thread. 

Thanks,

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

storyhub
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

storyhub_1-1710112244931.png

go to advanced audio settings and change

storyhub_2-1710112416124.png

Each participant needs to do this on their device.

Android and IOS devices have similar but different selections.