cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there Zoom lite or some way to get back to the old simple life

darcyco

Zoom has become a cluster #### of functionality. It's really causing us a lot of problems with integrations, clarity on how our organisation communicates and manages information sharing. At this point in time, the only reason we're still using Zoom is the screen share resolution and annotation. Is there a way to get rid of the complexity of meeting settings, AI companion, whiteboard, team chats, etc. Our typical issues include, but are not limited to:

• Zoom see's itself as the primary calendar so creating and then moving a meeting in Google Calendar or Spark ends up causing sync issues.
  • Waiting rooms suck
  • Having to reassign meetings if the host leaves is annoying and often results in the host accidentally ending the meeting for all
  • Continuous issues with getting logged out between devices (e.g. using desktop Zoom, but then receiving a normal voice call on a phone with Zoom, results in the desktop app being logged out)
  • Many clients have difficulty getting into a Zoom call, but we don't have the same issue with Google Meet or Teams
  • Rescheduling a Zoom meeting nearly always doesn't work cleanly and results in issues with Zoom links or differences in times and notifications being out of sync
  • I want to disable chats and channels so discussion remains in our other tools for those purposes

I just want video calls, I do not want Zoom to organise a schedule or be more of a task management or communication platform, as it's not good at it. It creates duplication and destroys our continuity of workflow

0 REPLIES 0