cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I''m unable to send an email to the participants in a meeting with the link to the recording attache

gdos
Newcomer
Newcomer

I've been using Zoom for meetings for a few years and never had this problem. On sunday last, I recorded a meeting to the cloud as usual. Later I copied the link to the recording to send it as an attachment in an email to the participants. I followed the same procedure that I used for years to send the email with the link. That email was not delivered and I got a prompt that it was "undeliverable" 

I sent another email to the same group of participants WITHOUT THE ATTACHMENT OF THE LINK TO THE RECORDING and it was delivered. 

It seems logical to assume that somehow the link is corrupted with a virus or something else since without the link, the email is delivered without a problem. 

I filled out two "tickets" to get help from Zoom but I have not received a reply. What do I do now. I don't want to continue to pay for a service that I cannot use. 

5 REPLIES 5

colegs
Community Champion | Employee

@gdos - I have not heard of anyone having this issue, so I have a bunch of questions to try to help isolate the problem:

- Was it undeliverable to everyone, or specific users (if you sent it to multiple people). 

- Did you try to send the same link to another email to see if the issue was consistent, or send a different link to those users to see if it was specific to that recording? 

- Did you try resending that recording with the participants? 

- Did you try the Share feature in the Zoom recording screen, or only through a separate email program?

Thanks for your reply. 

It was undeliverable to everyone including myself.

I sent the same link to another email with the same result. I will try sending a different link. 

I resent it a few times with the same result. 

I sent it only through a separate email program. 

colegs

The process you are doing sounds legitimate, and I tried it on my account and was able to send a link with no errors.  Please let me know if you are able to send a different link successfully.  Also, if you have opened a support ticket on this, please share that so I can get some information that is not available via the community chats.

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi,

Can you explain more about how you send a link as an attachment?  I would just put the link in the body of the email.

Regards

When the recording is prepared I click on "shareable link" and then "copy". 

A new window opens up and I copy the link to the clipboard. 

I then prepare the email and in the body of the email I right click and paste the link to the recording in the body of the email . 

I hope that explains the procedure that i'm following and it is the identical procedure that I have used for a few years, every Sunday. 

I'd appreciate any help I can get because if I can't send the recordings I'll have to cancel my subscription and go to Youtube. Thanks