cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cant see the participant who is speaking.

rjxe
Newcomer
Newcomer

I am a participant (not the host) in a zoom meeting of 8 people. My camera and theirs are working until somebody speaks. When one of them speaks a yellow border appears and their individual screen goes black - when they stop speaking I can see them again and now cannot see the next person who speaks. The black screen/yellow border moves around as the meeting continues. I checked with the others I am the only with this problem and they are not turning their camera off. Problem has just occured - any suggestions to solution.

Richard

12 REPLIES 12

SMcNish
Newcomer
Newcomer

I am having this same issue. Looking for a solution. 

Scofeild618
Newcomer
Newcomer

If you're facing issues in a Zoom meeting where video feeds go black with a yellow border when someone speaks, start by checking your internet connection and updating your Zoom client to the latest version. Adjust video settings, including hardware acceleration, and test the behavior in another meeting. If the problem persists, consider reinstalling Zoom and updating your graphics drivers. For more tailored technical solutions or if the issue persists, reaching out to Zoom support or your IT department is recommended. Explore the expertise of professionals in website design bellevue for comprehensive digital solutions that may enhance your online meeting experiences.

The latest version is the problem. The older versions are what fixes this. They need to put a fix in the next update. 

I am having the same problem since I had to pay a much bigger annual fee from 1 participant!  So frustrating and the zoom help center was NO help.

jbert
Newcomer
Newcomer

I am having the exact same problem and it is so frustrating!

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Zoom and I have also done a full update of my video drivers. The problem is still ongoing. I will contact our IT support group now, but this seems like an issue with Zoom that they won't be able to solve. 

DE_1980
Newcomer
Newcomer

I am facing same problem.
Tried any hack I could have find in google (drivers, GPU acceleration, Uninstall/Install, Update version) - nothing works !
@Zoom - Support is needed.

jbert
Newcomer
Newcomer

I uninstalled Zoom and reinstalled version 5.16.10. My problem began on Dec. 27 which is when they released 5.17.1. I chose not to go to 5.17.0 and instead go to the previous release. This solved the problem for me! 

However, even though I have unselected the option for automatic updates, it is still updating my zoom each day. When I start my day I uninstall and reinstall and then I am set. This is going to have to suffice until Zoom comes out with a fix for this. I cannot understand why there aren't more people with this issue. Doesn't make sense and I'm afraid Zoom won't fix it in an update unless it is more widespread. 

bdw735
Newcomer
Newcomer

I have had this problem as well. It only started with the latest update which more or less corresponded with my subscription renewal! Time to review subscription?

Sort it out Zoom!

I'm having the same issue started a week ago. I've tried customer support with no resolution. 

MikeE
Newcomer
Newcomer

I have the same problem. The speaker is "blacked" out. Interesting, if I make the window smaller, then the speaker can be seen, but when I maximize the size of the screen the speaker disappears.

mfranklin
Newcomer
Newcomer

I'm having this same issue which started about 2 weeks ago.  I ran a Dell update to my computer and the issue persists.  I did note that when I minimize my Zoom screen to say 50% I can see all participants and the speaker is not "blacked" out.

Update...I updated from version 5.17.1 to 5.17.5 and the problem went away.