cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send to clients a recorded zoom meeting with a time line to expire after viewing or 1 week

itsmyananda
Newcomer
Newcomer

I want to send a recorded zoom meeting to client, with a determined time for expire.  To view for 1 week and the link of recording is nolonger open for viewing. 

Could someone give me clear step by step to do this? 

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

bstrelko
Community Champion | Customer

As a Zoom admin, navigate to zoom.us -> Account Management -> Recording Management and find the recording in question. Click Share, then Share Settings, then Set Expiration Date.

bstrelko_0-1702819343095.png

bstrelko_1-1702819369990.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

bstrelko

As a Zoom admin, navigate to zoom.us -> Account Management -> Recording Management and find the recording in question. Click Share, then Share Settings, then Set Expiration Date.

bstrelko_0-1702819343095.png

bstrelko_1-1702819369990.png

Thank you so much for your detailed reply. I love the clear step by step instructions. 

I sent it to myself to test it. 

Question:

It does not give the 3 day expiration date. Can I send to myself, then copy paste the zoom information with link and password. Adding additional information with expiry day?

Ray_Harwood

Hi, @itsmyananda

Testing the expiration date with your own account isn’t an accurate way to test. You have full access to your own recordings, regardless of how you get to them. 

The expiration date is set inside Zoom – using a modifiable encoded date in the URL would defeat the purpose of enforcing and expiration date. 

Ray - Need Zoom Events/Sessions Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

This is amazing and the next steps I will be trying. So appreciate this community and all the support.

If you have answer to my next question above, appreciate your input as well. 

thanks! itsmyananda

itsmyananda
Newcomer
Newcomer

Question:  Is there a feature that only allows viewing and not to download the zoom video through the recording expiry feature?

thank you for your support