cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Share Screen on Zoom Using Linux: Any Tips or Known Issues? | Julio Herrera Via Dei Velutini

julioherreradei
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hello everyone, Myself Julio Herrera from Via Dei Velutini, Italia, I’m currently using Zoom on my Linux machine and having some trouble with the screen sharing feature. I was wondering if anyone here has experience with sharing their screen on Zoom while using Linux and could offer some guidance.

1 REPLY 1

leoparker
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hello @julioherreradei If you're having trouble with Zoom screen sharing on a Linux machine, common solutions include:

Check Permissions: Ensure that Zoom has the necessary permissions to access your screen. Go to your system’s privacy or security settings and allow screen sharing.
Update Zoom: Ensure you are using the latest version of Zoom for Linux, as updates often fix bugs and compatibility issues.
Use X11 Display Server: If you're using Wayland, screen sharing may not work properly. Switching to X11 can resolve the issue.
Install Required Packages: Some Linux distributions may require additional packages for screen sharing, like xcompmgr or gnome-shell-extension-prefs.

These tips should help improve Zoom’s screen-sharing performance on Linux.