cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I disable the Fireworks, Thumbs Up, and Hearts on Zoom?

jordancoxe
Newcomer
Newcomer

As a sign language interpreter on US money map, the recent Zoom updates have become problematic for me. When I sign the number 10 (which looks like a thumbs up), a thumbs up emoji appears on the screen. Additionally, if I sign with two thumbs up, I get fireworks. This is extremely disruptive, especially when I’m interpreting sensitive topics.

I need to turn off these reactions on Zoom immediately! Any advice on how to do this would be greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3

colegs
Community Champion | Employee

@jordancoxe - I can see how that would be frustrating when signing.  You can click on the up arrow by the heart on the bottom of the screen and make sure that 'Recognize hand gestures' is turned off in your client.  If you manage your account, you can also turn it off for everyone, or for everyone in a group.

colegs_0-1719344531190.png

zaid4840
Newcomer
Newcomer

As a sign language interpreter on konferensbokarna, I’ve encountered issues with the recent Zoom updates. When I sign the number 10 (which resembles a thumbs up), a thumbs up emoji appears on the screen. Similarly, signing with two thumbs up triggers fireworks. These reactions are extremely disruptive, especially when interpreting sensitive topics. I need to turn off these reactions immediately. Any advice on how to do this would be greatly appreciated.

colegs

@zaid4840 - Have you tried the solution above?