cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I designate an Alternate Host (windows)?

roymeo

I'm an Admin of a Pro account.

I have tried following the instructions in the Designate an Alternative Host page https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0067027 but there is no option for adding an alternative host at the bottom of the (old version) Advanced Options or (new version) More Options > Advanced, it just ends with the option for specific country restrictions.

In typing this up I've found it does work in Win/Chrome browser view, so I do have the appropriate permissions/account settings, but I'm not able to use the Windows app to do this.

3 REPLIES 3

colegs
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@roymeo - Can you please screenshot what you see when you open the advanced options link?  (I am on the latest version, 6.1.1, and it still shows advanced options).  If you can see it on the other applications, it should still be there on the windows app (as I verified on my machine).

Ha ha, as a new help account holder, I can't upload images.

Windows Desktop app 6.1.1 installed today

Workflow:

• Open the app (not as admin)
  • Click Schedule
  • This is the new version, bottom has the (NEW) Try new version (   o)  and More Options  [SAVE]
  • Click More Options
  • new Schedule window opens, scroll to the bottom
  • after Video and Audio sections is   > Advanced, so open that up
  • 4 toggles appear for 
    • Allow participants to join anytime
    • Mute participants upon entry
    • Automatically record meeting on the local computer
    • Approve or block entry for users from specific countries/regions

And that's all, the (NEW) Try new version (  o) (blue, it's selected) is below that with [Cancel] [Save] buttons on the line below that.  No amount of scrolling, page downing, tabbing, or resizing the window to full screen reveals the Alternative Host selection dialog the KB0067027 says should be there & the web interface has.

Turning off the new version so my bottom row is now:

(NEW) Try new version (o  ) (grey slider color, it's off) 

opens a different dialog with Advanced Optionsv at the bottom, if I open that:

Advanced Options^

• Allow participants to join anytime
  • Mute participants upon entry
  • Automatically record meeting on the local computer
  • Approve or block entry for users from specific countries/regions
    • Only allow users from:  Edit

(NEW) Try new version (o  )          [Cancel]  [Save]

and there is definitely nothing to scroll, pg down, tab after Edit before the (NEW) footer. (dialog not resizable so can't fullscreen it)

colegs

@roymeo - you are definitely in the right place.  I assume if you go into the web browser to schedule a meeting, you can still see the alternative host there?  

My suggestion would be to click on the question mark with a circle in the upper right corner of your Zoom app and select report a problem since I cannot replicate your issue, but assuming you have a license, you definitely should be seeing the Alternative Host option.