cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help - AI Notetaking Bots Overtaking Recording

AnnieFran
Newcomer
Newcomer

I can't seem to flag this to Zoom but here's what's happening. Please help or report if you can!

1. AI Notetakers seem to be able to AUTOMATICALLY BYPASS my waiting room in Zoom calls hosted in my Zoom room. This has happened with Otter and other platforms!!!! This is a HUGE BUG.
  2. Today, I had started a cloud recording, but then the AI Notetaker of a participant shows up and overtakes the ongoing recording without my permission or consent. This has happened multiple times.
  3. - As a result, I do NOT have the recording of my session today, even though this is my account!!!!
  4. - I even asked my assistant during the call to confirm it was recording and she said it still appeared as the recording was happening, but when the call ended, she saw that it did not record for us - it must have only gone to the person with the AI Notetaker (who is just a student of the course!) 

Please help or advise! This is a HUGE problem if AI Notetakers can bypass waiting rooms and supercede recordings without permission and without it being clear that the recording has been taken over. Is this a setting i need to change? We need more protections against this, Zoom!

4 REPLIES 4

Weasy
Newcomer
Newcomer

You can boot the AI from the meeting 

Hi Weasy. Please note the context - Firstly, my VA didn't know to remove the notetaker so that created problems here - however, I have serious problems with the following that made this situation even possible which has to do with BUGS or VULNERABILITIES on Zoom's end with these third-party tools:

1) AI Notetakers being able to bypass the waiting room (participants can't enter without being admitted, but these notetakers CAN, so they are harder to catch)

2) AI Notetakers superceding my recording and essentially stealing it - and that not being clear on our end or notified on Zoom to catch this. Even if you boot the notetaker, you then need to restart the recording.

Neither 1 or 2 should be possible without the ACCOUNT HOLDER empowering it. And right now, it's happening without control or consent. Huge bug.

The exact same thing happened to me in a meeting yesterday.  AI took over without my permission, and now I don't have a recording of the meeting.  I couldn't even stop the recording when I tried. 

This exactly this! We shouldn't have to take random additional steps to block this - Zoom should be doing this. It's a major vulnerability!