cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustrating! Why did you change Zoom to Zoom workplace?

Guidog
Explorer
Explorer

This app is terrible. It used to be ok, but now there are things are so counterintuitive. 

Also the help files refer to things that don't exist or they exist on the web platform but not within the software. Why!??

Example. 

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0060943

Here it says: "How to enable annotation for meetings"

"Sign in to the Zoom web portal". Why?? Why can't it all be in the same place?

Then it says "In the navigation panel, click Account Management then Account Settings."
There isn't an "account management" button. It's called "My account"

Then it says "Under In Meeting (Basic), verify that Annotation is enabled."
There is NO "In Meeting" button on that page. 

With the amount of settings that you guys have in this app, why don't you have a search field to search for whatever setting I want to change, like adding the annotation tools?
Frustrating as hell.

It's impossible to follow help instructions like this.

The reason why I'm here in the help discussion forum is because I don't see the annotation features anymore when I'm the host. Where are they!!!!??????? Is it so hard to place a normal toolbar?

Also, because the setting to disable a waiting room is ONLY in the web version of the settings (insane), whenever I open the app in my windows system it's still enabled. 

HOW DO I GET  BACK THE ANNOTATION TOOLS IN ZOOM WORKPLACE?

Best regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Guidog
Explorer
Explorer

Found the annotation tool. Extremely tiny!!! WHY???

I have a 4K monitor. When you were designing this, did you really expect people to see this tiny circle?
(And here I would include a screenshot but you don't have the option to upload images! LOL).
For those looking for the answer, it's a very small green (outlined) pencil on the bottom left, that will only show if you move the mouse LOL.
This was probably designed by the marketing team.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Guidog
Explorer
Explorer

Also, when I uninstall Zoom, it doesn't really uninstall everything. I need to download "cleanZoom". The only app in the world that has this. 

Guidog
Explorer
Explorer

I want to test Zoom. So I go to https://zoom.us/test. It opens up and closes almost immediately. 

Guidog
Explorer
Explorer

Found the annotation tool. Extremely tiny!!! WHY???

I have a 4K monitor. When you were designing this, did you really expect people to see this tiny circle?
(And here I would include a screenshot but you don't have the option to upload images! LOL).
For those looking for the answer, it's a very small green (outlined) pencil on the bottom left, that will only show if you move the mouse LOL.
This was probably designed by the marketing team.