cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual Monitors

vmoody
Explorer
Explorer

The help/instructions to use dual monitors do not match what I see on my end.  There is no "General" under my profile it is located on the left side and the "Use Dual Monitors" is not listed as a function.  How can I change the settings to be able to use dual monitors?

6 REPLIES 6

mercy2you
Newcomer
Newcomer

I'm having the same problem.

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hello,

You enable it in the desktop application, not on the Zoom .us web site.

1. Sign in to the Zoom desktop client.
  2. In the top-right corner of the Zoom Client, click your profile picture then click Settings.
  3. Click the General tab.
  4. Select the Use dual monitors check box.

Screenshot 2024-05-18 at 11.21.50.png

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

catt131
Newcomer
Newcomer

Dual Monitors is not working for me in the July, 2024 Zoom Workplace update. It was working fine before the update. Now it creates additional desktops on my laptop (Macbook Air), instead of putting a window on the second monitor.

I am having the same issue

MGSR
Community Moderator | Employee
Community Moderator | Employee

Hello @615jjw,

Please do a clean uninstall of the Zoom app and reinstall the latest version. You may check out this article on uninstalling and reinstalling the Zoom app.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Mark
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

briton
Newcomer
Newcomer

You're right, catt131. I am pretty certain that this has been removed when they upgraded the Desktop Client to Zoom Workplace. I attend hybrid meetings and my personal use of dual monitors was to pin the meeting room to another monitor and show the other remote members in gallery. This meant that I could see the people in the meeting room individually in as much detail as the remote attendees. PIN TO SECOND SCREEN was a really useful tool - so of course they have removed it 😒

UPDATE: Since I posted I found a workaround - not sure if it will persist in future updates, but for now I have Zoom Workplace and can use multiple monitors the way I did on another PC. So I had installed Zoom on a different PC and it insisted on installing Zoom Workplace. I then uninstalled it and found an installer on the other PC (filename ZoomInstallerFull.exe), copied it to the new PC and installed it. Naturally it installed and then went through an update process which transformed it from Zoom Desktop Client to Zoom Workplace. However all the old settings are still there so I have my  old setup back.