cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does changing owner effect scheduled meetings?

lucy12187
Newcomer
Newcomer

We switched the owner for our zoom account.

I was the owner with my email and the license showed up with my email/profile.

The person was coming on board as owner had added himself and he was a basic member.

I went in and switched him to the owner and the licensed user.

It still shows me as an admin for some reason with type: basic.

Tonight a meeting I created that was a recurring event, gave a 40 min warning.

We have a paid account. 

How can i fix the meetings to not give the 40 minute warning now? I dont want to have to recreate them because it will change the zoom id. 

7 REPLIES 7

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @lucy12187.

Sorry, but you said you (as a Zoom user) have Basic account. (Your statement of “we have a paid account” really refers to “one licensed user”, I think.)  Any meeting you (as a Basic unlicensed user) create will be subject to the 40 minute limit for Basic accounts. It sounds like you have one Licensed user on your account. That person can conduct meetings of longer duration (up to 30 hours for a Pro licensed user). If you need to also schedule meetings off longer than 40 minutes, you need another license to assign to yourself.

There is another option. The owner is not required to be licensed, and if you are the only person scheduling meetings, you could reassign the license to yourself. Note: This transfer between users is “rate limited”, and can only be done a few times; it can’t be used as a way to avoid paying for two user licenses if both need to schedule meetings. 

The “account” terminology at Zoom is ambiguous, in my opinion. There is the “user account” a person logs into, and there is the “organizational account” that the owner and any admin manage. But your user account determines the limits of meetings you own. 

Ray - Need Zoom Events/Sessions Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

"The owner is not required to be licensed, and if you are the only person scheduling meetings, you could reassign the license to yourself. Note: This transfer between users is “rate limited”, and can only be done a few times; it can’t be used as a way to avoid paying for two user licenses if both need to schedule meetings."

That is what I did. and requested ownership back from the person i switched it to.
What I need to do is turn the whole thing over to him. When I took over the account all i did was change the email to mine, but that was 6 yrs ago. and zoom has changed since then. Maybe its not possible to just switch emails now.

Frank_TB

Hello,

in order to have a meeting longer than 40 minutes as host you need another paid license assigned to your user on the account.

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

lucy12187
Newcomer
Newcomer

I was the only user on the paid account. It is an account for a committee.  I'm rolling off so I wanted to change my email to the new person's email.   Somehow he was listed as a basic user in the account. I didn't even know that was possible. 

So I was just trying to remove myself and make him the owner of the licensed paid account.

We've done that before, but I think for some reason
I think I need to change it back to how it was originally.... delete the person who had added himself as the basic user that is the incoming owner/admin)  and then just change my email to his email.  hopefully this will work.

well it didn't work because I had made him an owner. i'm not sure how to fix this mess.

lucy12187
Newcomer
Newcomer

"The owner is not required to be licensed, and if you are the only person scheduling meetings, you could reassign the license to yourself. Note: This transfer between users is “rate limited”, and can only be done a few times; it can’t be used as a way to avoid paying for two user licenses if both need to schedule meetings."

That is what I did. and requested ownership back from the person i switched it to.
What I need to do is turn the whole thing over to him. When I took over the account all i did was change the email to mine, but that was 6 yrs ago. and zoom has changed since then. Maybe its not possible to just switch emails now.

Ray_Harwood

It can be done. Do you want your user name to be used for a separate Basic or Pro account once you’re removed from the existing account?

If you can hang on a few days, I’ll reach out to a Zoom person to confirm a few things, and I’ll help you get it taken care of. 

Ray - Need Zoom Events/Sessions Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Thank you so much! In the meantime I've requested account ownership back from the person I switched it to and it let me add myself back as the licensed user. so it will be back to what it was before i tried to switch things around.