cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know how to fix this DLL error?

maik2000
Newcomer
Newcomer

"there is a problem with this windows installer package. a dll required for this install to complete could not be run."

Anyone knows how to fix this? I can't install Zoom. 

Thanks! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Calvo
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

it is always good to be on the newest version...

Let's be realistic. Let's do the impossible!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Calvo

Hi

no issues detected...
Version?
Screenshot of the error?
MAC or Windows?

I had this problem with client version 5.16.2.22807 from a few weeks ago, with the new version (5.16.6.24712) it seems to be working now. Weird

https://imgur.com/a/ULXE8tm

Calvo

that´s strange, but thanks for the reply

Calvo

it is always good to be on the newest version...

Zeus7
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hey there maik,

Check out my youtube video about this problem, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLY8RUvhxKg

I hope it helps!! It should work 100%

seorankly
Newcomer
Newcomer

Understanding the Error:

Before diving into solutions, it's crucial to know the exact error message you're encountering. DLL errors often vary in their descriptions, and the solution might depend on the specific DLL file involved and the program causing the issue.

Common DLL Error Fixes:

While these steps might not solve every DLL error, they often address common issues:

1. Restart Your Computer:

• A simple restart can resolve temporary glitches and free up system resources.
  2. Reinstall the Program:

• If the DLL error is associated with a specific program, reinstalling it might restore missing or corrupted DLL files.
  3. Update Windows:

• Ensure your operating system is up-to-date with the latest updates, as they often include DLL file fixes.
  4. Run System File Checker (SFC):

• This built-in Windows tool can repair missing or corrupted system files, including DLLs.
    • Open Command Prompt as an administrator and type sfc /scannow.
  5. Install Missing DLL Files:

• If you know the specific DLL file causing the issue, you might be able to download and install it. However, proceed with caution and only download from reputable sources to avoid malware.
  6. Use a DLL Repair Tool:

• Some third-party tools claim to fix DLL errors, but use them with caution as they might introduce other problems.

Important Considerations:

• Avoid downloading DLL files from random websites: This can lead to malware infections.
  • Be cautious with DLL repair tools: Some might be unreliable or even harmful.
  • Create a system restore point: Before making significant changes, create a system restore point to revert if needed.

If you can provide more details about the error message, the program causing the issue, or any recent changes you've made to your system, I can offer more specific guidance.

Would you like to share more information about the DLL error you're facing?