cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Zoom keep a log of information related to deleted meetings?

tlmd
Newcomer
Newcomer

I meeting I have had people register for has been deleted. I have asked Zoom via chat if they can tell me when and if I was the one who deleted it. I need to know if the platform is stable, or if I somehow did something wrong because I cannot have a repeat. They will not tell me if they can even find that information or not.

Vent: I have been trying to find this answer for 10 days, sitting through 3 chat sessions, wasting over 2 hours of time. The agents just want to keep their metrics low and not actually tell me an answer. The tickets are marked as low priority.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Again, thanks for sharing the information, @tlmd.

One more thing I'll point out, since it sounds like you might be relying on recurring meetings.  Recurring meetings can only have 50 occurrences.  It could be that you scheduled a year's worth of weekly meetings in July... now is about the time that those meetings would have reached their 50-occurrence limit.

Ray - Need Zoom Events/Sessions Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @tlmd.

The platform is definitely stable... meetings don' t disappear without some sort of action taken.  Are you the only person on the account, or do you have an Admin and other associates on the same account with privileges.

What time of day was the meeting scheduled, and when did the meeting disappear?  Did you check both the Previous list and the Recently Deleted list of deleted meetings?

Ray_Harwood_0-1693431674091.png

tlmd
Newcomer
Newcomer

There is an admin who was co-host of the meeting. The meeting was at 12:30 pm. I am attempting to determine when it was deleted. There is no record of the meeting and no meeting to recover in trash, which I let the chat agents know at the time, and was confirmed by two or three Zoom agents.

I know this is not Zoom's issue to fix, but I would like to know if I made this error, as I do not wish to accuse my colleague, who is relatively new in the position. But I also cannot have a repeat of the behaviour, as it impacts our company's client-facing reputation. So I have asked if they keep such a log, and if so, if it was me who deleted it. I do not remember taking any action which would have caused this, but if I did, I need to figure out what I did wrong.

It is a small thing, I know. I would have been happy with a quick, "no, we do not keep a log", or "we keep a log but cannot disclose without an official request due to confidentiality." So much of my time was wasted that I am now curious as to whether there is a log of meetings that can be accessed by Zoom staff in the case of a real forensic investigation. No one seemed to be able to give me a simple answer. Instead I was stuck dealing with chat agents who made me reinstall software when I told them that the missing meeting was reported to me by someone outside my organization, who kept asking if I was still there with no new information to give which appears to be an attempt to restart their metric or to have an excuse to end the conversation, being encouraged to leave them to find an answer which they will have by the next morning with no answer being given the next morning, and having my multiple tickets being marked low priority with no action on them for 9 days in between. All with no way to give feedback on agent effectiveness at the end of the session.

Ray_Harwood

Thanks for the additional info, @tlmd.

I hate just saying “No,” as you might have noticed. 🤓

My long-winded answer really boils down to this: There are places for you to look, where Zoom’s record is available to you. I’m sure there are additional historical records kept by Zoom for data analysis and performance purposes, but they don’t use this information to answer customer questions.  If you’ve looked in those areas and didn’t find anything, there’s not much to find. 

In a similar situation previously, I found that a meeting that was intended to be in the PM was actually scheduled in the AM, and was “missing” at the time the hosts intended for the Meeting to be held. I found the Meeting was readily accessible in the Previous Meeting tab with the AM time frame, and was edited to move it back to the intended PM time, in time for the actual meeting to take place. 

tlmd
Newcomer
Newcomer

I just got an email from a client regarding a different meeting that is missing. I have checked the links to our meetings coming up, and there are 4 out of 13 which are now gone. Searching through 3 different email inboxes for notifications of meetings being deleted, it appears that noone on our end received any information regarding their deletion. I see in the community that others have had meetings deleted, with notice, in the past: https://community.zoom.com/t5/Meetings/Zoom-is-auto-deleting-my-scheduled-meetings/m-p/67280. I do not use calendars to invite people to the meeting; I copy the invite from Zoom and email that full message to the client.

Ray_Harwood

Okay – highly unusual, but worthy of investigation, in my opinion. I’d recommend marking your existing Tickets as Closed, and start a new Ticket
(Log into your [admin] account, then go to https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/requests/new)

Here’s my suggestion for the best chance of success:

Request  type: Technical support

Subject: MEETINGS DISAPPEAR BEFORE MEETING TIME (yes, I’d use all caps here)

Description:  Don’t ask “Where did my meetings go?”, but state “Meetings are being deleted without my action,” or something like that.  Include a list of all meetings known to be missing. The Meeting IDs are in the Join URLs in any meeting notices. 

Product: Meetings 

About: Settings and configurations

Platform: Web

Meeting ID: If possible, include a meeting ID that you know is missing. 
Attachments: Include screen shots of invitations or any other evidence you have that the Meeting(s)  were created, and a screen shot of your Meetings page on the Zoom Web Portal, which would show that your meetings are not present. 

Thank you. I will do so.

tlmd
Newcomer
Newcomer

Before I closed the previous tickets, I had an agent comment the following:

Upon checking here, it shows that your Meeting ID: *** **** **** was batch deleted on 2023-**-** 06:38:39(GMT) due to the meeting being expired.

A scheduled, non-recurring meeting ID (also known as a one-time meeting ID) will expire 30 days after the scheduled date if the meeting is not recorded. If you restart the same meeting ID within the 30 days, it will remain valid for another 30 days.

Information from the link sent to me which may be relevant:

• You can start your scheduled meetings at any time after you scheduled them.
  • A scheduled, non-recurring meeting ID (also known as a one-time meeting ID) will expire 30 days after the scheduled date. If you restart the same meeting ID within the 30 days, it will remain valid for another 30 days.
  • A recurring meeting ID expires if you haven't started a meeting occurrence for 365 days.

Meeting IDs for 2023 were created last year towards the end of July. Some are recurring and some are not. Although there are recurring meetings still on the calendar, all the ones which have disappeared are recurring meetings. I think this is what has happened. Thanks for your support.

Feedback for the chat people is that it would have been nice for them to say that there was additional information that Zoom would check on and report back to me. They left it as though no one even knew if this was possible, then marked the tickets low priority and left me waiting for 10 days.

Ray_Harwood

Again, thanks for sharing the information, @tlmd.

One more thing I'll point out, since it sounds like you might be relying on recurring meetings.  Recurring meetings can only have 50 occurrences.  It could be that you scheduled a year's worth of weekly meetings in July... now is about the time that those meetings would have reached their 50-occurrence limit.

tlmd
Newcomer
Newcomer

Thank you, again. That is good to know. The maximum number of occurrences for any one meeting in our case would be 5, but this information might be helpful to anyone looking in the future.