cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a desktop or browser shortcut to immediately initiate a meeting request with a zoom user?

PaStansberry-CL
Newcomer
Newcomer

In my organization, I meet with a regular list of other Zoom users regularly. I'd like to know if there's a way to create a shortcut (either on my desktop/taskbar or as an Internet favorite in my browser) that when clicked would immediately initiate a 'Meet with Video' request to that user, allowing me to save several clicks and steps within the Zoom client itself (find the user, select them, click the button to initiate a meeting).

I can't find anything obvious, but was hoping someone in the community may have solved this already somehow.

V/R

Paul Stansberry

4 REPLIES 4

omat
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi Paul,

I'm facing the same issue! Did you find a solution to create a shortcut for a meeting and immediately initiate the invite to a user ?

Regards

Olivier

MGSR
Community Moderator | Employee
Community Moderator | Employee

Hello @omat ,

Welcome to the Zoom Community! 

I'm afraid the feature you want is not available natively on Zoom. I highly encourage you to submit this idea as feedback. You can check this
article on how to submit one. 

Thank you and have a good day.

Mark
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

storyhub
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Depending on how you intend to invite a user the following AutoKey script will login to a specific Zoom meeting with additional script you could possibly create the invite (text shown with <> are variables):

AppData := EnvGet("AppData")
run AppData "\Zoom\bin\Zoom.exe"
WinWait "Zoom Workplace",,15
WinActivate "Zoom Workplace"
WinWaitActive "Zoom Workplace",,15
sleep 3000
Send "{tab}{tab}{tab}{enter}"
WinActivate "Zoom Workplace"
WinWaitActive "Zoom Workplace",,15
Send "^a"
SendText "<user name>"
Send "{tab}"
SendText "<password>"
Send "{enter}"
sleep 5000

run AppData "\Zoom\bin\Zoom.exe --url=zoommtg://zoom.us/join?action=join&confno=<meeting ID>&pwd=<encrypted password from invite link>

Then again you could just email or text the invite link. Remembering it in a doc or note.

meriment
Contributor I
Contributor I

This can be easily accomplished using Zoom's APIs. You could essentially create an interface with a list of client emails. You would then click on each link and that would initiate a 'meeting with user' request for that particular client. If you are not a developer there is a Zoom app, Salepager, that lets you send a direct invite to a particular user savings you the several clicks and steps.