cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corrupt Shareable Link!

Soheil-9
Newcomer
Newcomer

We did have a Zoom meeting a couple of nights ago which was recorded on Zoom cloud. An email was received from Zoom that the recording is available with a link. When one clicks on the provided link, a screen opens with the camera icon and a large X on it. The message says: "The media could not be loaded, either because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported". I am getting this message all morning! We never had any such problem before. 

4 REPLIES 4

colegs
Community Champion | Employee
Community Champion | Employee

Unfortunately, I am not able to duplicate this, so I am only guessing based on similar issues other have had.  Some options you might try:

- Check issue in a different browser

- If using Chrome, check advanced settings and turn off "Use hardware acceleration when available”

- Restart your computer

- Try opening in an Incognito window

- Try clearing cache in your browser

- Try deleting and restoring the recording

If any of these items resolve your issue, I would be interested in knowing for future reference.

More information:

The problem appears to be intermittent! When clicking on the shareable link the system asks for the password. Once password is entered the video is ready to be played. An instant later, the same steps produces the error that I reported in my previous post.

It is difficult to understand why and how this is happening.

If there was a way for me to privately share the link in question, it may be worth the developers time to figure this out?!

More info:

I tried your suggestion about using the incognito mode.

At the first try the video was accessible after entering the password.

I closed the browser and started another browser in incognito mode. This time I get the same exact error message that I reported in my first post.

More info:

I rebooted my laptop and logged back on. I have repeated a few times, with success, using the link that I received with the email from Zoom and the video is now accessible. The answer appears to be REBOOT THE COMPUTER AND USE THE LINK IN THE EMAIL.