cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Computer runs slow while using Zoom

OatMilkLatte
Explorer
Explorer

My Mac and Zoom are both up to date, but whenever I'm in a Zoom meeting, my computer runs painfully slow to the point where my colleagues don't want me to screen share. Apple said it's not my computer, I have fast internet with lots of bars and no one else I know seems to have this problem. 

Any ideas as to what the cause might be?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @OatMilkLatte.

Without a lot more information, it’s hard to tell. My first question would be: What’s your monitor resolution?

If Screen Sharing is the real issue, it’s possibly because Zoom shares screen at its native resolution. If you have a high resolution monitor (over 1920x1080), you’re probably killing their bandwidth, because you’re sending way more pixels through everyone’s network. 

Ray - Need Zoom Events/Sessions Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @OatMilkLatte.

Without a lot more information, it’s hard to tell. My first question would be: What’s your monitor resolution?

If Screen Sharing is the real issue, it’s possibly because Zoom shares screen at its native resolution. If you have a high resolution monitor (over 1920x1080), you’re probably killing their bandwidth, because you’re sending way more pixels through everyone’s network. 

Ray - Need Zoom Events/Sessions Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

OatMilkLatte
Explorer
Explorer

@Ray_Harwood Thank you so much! I didn't know that. My Mac is a 13.3-inch (2560 × 1600). My external monitor is Asus 28-inch (3840 × 2160). I'll try screen sharing without the external monitor and see if that helps. 

Yesterday I uninstalled Zoom and then reinstalled - I think that actually helped a bit.