Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloud Recording

lviteri
Newcomer
Newcomer

Scenario:

A coworker of mine started the meeting. He passed the role as host to me when I joined the meeting so I could cloud record to get the audio transcript once the meeting was over. I clicked the cloud record button when everyone joined the meeting. I see the flashing red button. The meeting is now over, my coworkers have left the meeting, and I click stop recording a second before I end the meeting. 

Problem:

I can't find the recording anywhere. I didn't get any email from zoom regarding the recording of the meeting. I have checked the recording library in my zoom account but nowhere to be found.

Questions:

1)Is there a solution to finding the recording? 2)What did I do wrong? 3)How can I prevent this problem moving forward? 4)Does the recording get sent to the original host?

Thank you for taking the time to read this post and trying to help me. 

7 REPLIES 7

Bri

Hi @lviteri! Please check with the original host. The cloud recording should be in their recordings 

Bri
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

What if my coworker doesn't have the same recording settings set as me? I am assuming he didn't enable his cloud recording settings. Would he still have access to the recording despite the difference in setting options? 

@lviteri  a co-host shouldn’t have the ability to start a cloud recording if the host’s account has cloud recording disabled, so you should be fine in this situation. Let us know if you have any more questions! 

Bri
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @lviteri.

Cloud Recordings always belong to the Meeting owner, regardless of who was Host or who started the recording. 

Ray - Need Zoom Events/Sessions Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

We always have 2 instructors for each course. The division of labour varies from term to term. The person who set up the Zoom meetings may not be the one who is in charge of the recordings and posting them for students to refer to.

Is there a way to re-assign the "owner" after the meetings have been created, or to give a co-host access to the owner's recordings folder?

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @AllenH.

If both instructors have accounts at the same organization -- that is, there is one account owner that owns both of the instructor's accounts -- and both accounts are Licensed (paid), there is a way to provide access using the Scheduling Privilege.

This Zoom Support article has details about using Scheduling Privilege:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362803-Using-scheduling-privilege 

It can be complex setting this up for the first time -- a number of different options must be set properly to enable the recording-sharing feature.  But once it's set, it should be fine.

If you do not have a large organization with an experienced Zoom Admin but you do have both people on the same account, let me know and I'll try to assist.

Ray - Need Zoom Events/Sessions Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Adibha
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hello zoom, today I recorded a video about 3 hours then I stop, it still processing, and after 30 minutes I started the recording back and stopped again after 3 hours too. However, I can't see whether the second recording is processing or not. Can you explain it.  I'm really desperate now