cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chat History

Cagey898
Newcomer
Newcomer

I recently hosted a meeting in my personal meeting room. The meeting wasn't being recorded. I was wondering if there is a way to access the chat history for that meeting even though it has been ended? Is it possible to still access and save the transcript from that meeting or is it lost forever?

5 REPLIES 5

Bort
Community Champion | Employee

Hi @Cagey898 

Unfortunately, if the chat transcript was not saved manually to the computer or as part of the cloud recording, it is lost when the meeting ends.

I suggest enabling the Auto saving chats option in your Settings page. This will ensure that the chat transcript is automatically saved for any meetings you host. 

Thanks for the insight @Bort.

I looked at the Chat tab in Settings on my Zoom application but there didn't appear to be any option for auto saving chats. Am I looking in the wrong place? Any additional help would be appreciated!

Thank you!

Bort

Hi @Cagey898 

It's not the settings in the desktop client, but rather the Settings page in the web portal. 

Pweeks
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi, 

I have the setting correctly set up to record the CHAT in my meeting. However when I search for the meeting from yesterday, it's not there? The meeting from last Thursday is there with the chat I had (so I know it works / is set up correctly) but eh meeting from 11:00 yesterday is not showing at all? 

Any ideas? 

ahsanpervaiz
Newcomer
Newcomer

This setting should be visible as I have also lost the Contact number of my potential client in the Chat and settings were to save the chat. Once your pause video recording, it should not pause the chat recording.