cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Virtual Background 'Enlargement,' i.e., size-relation to you onscreen

teja
Newcomer
Newcomer

It's easy to find great 'nature' virtual backgrounds (bg's)  and upload them to make you look like you are sitting in front of a beautiful lake, river, waterfall or green backyard. Lately I have also uploaded several 'motion' video backgrounds, so the river/waterfall and tree branches appear 'live,' moving, like I'm really outdoors (but with the full lighting & noise control of my studio/office.)

However, some of these 'motion video' bgs are at too close a perspective (see attachment,) so for example, if I call up a repeating video of rain falling on a lotus pond, the leaves and raindrops are huge, making me look like I must be halfway submerged in the pond 🙂 instead of it being 25 ft. behind me.

Using a screencast adjustment program like iGlasses, I can enlarge my face to take up more of the screen. But is there a way I can pull back the size of the background, so it looks smaller, more distant, without going into a video editing program and changing the resolution?

2 REPLIES 2

CarlaA

Hi @teja! While we wait for our fellow community members to respond with some suggestions, I wanted to welcome you to the Zoom Community! We are so excited to have you here and thank you for your contribution. 

Cheers!

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

jaustria
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi Teja! Welcome to Zoom Community! Currently, we don't support video background motion resizing in our platform.  Tip: Background video needs to be a minimum resolution of 480 by 360 pixels (360p) and a maximum resolution of 1920 by 1080 pixels (1080p). 

Here's a link for additional information about Virtual Backgrounds: Getting started with Virtual Background