Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot get HD video enabled

v-squared
Newcomer
Newcomer

Good afternoon, 

We have a Zoom pro account, and we are trying to enable HD. I've followed all the steps as far as enabling it in the account and the group level, as well as having full screen and active speaker, but no matter what it won't send HD, only 640x360. I had heard you have to request it to be enabled, is this actually the case? 

Thanks, 

Mike

3 REPLIES 3

storyhub
Community Champion | Customer

1080P is limited to business and enterprise accounts. Normally, HD is 720P. However, there are a number of conditions that will limit the switching and for most hosts they typically don't display their camera full screen in meetings. It is possible to bypass the 360P limit if the host camera needs to be full screen HD by using screen share > advanced > second camera. However, for most hosts just showing a face on screen 360P works fine.

Ravikachchhi129
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi

Frank_TB

Hello,

The chart in the following support article explains how Zoom’s resolution for recordings works:

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0066421 

There are various factors that can affect your local or cloud recording, including the number of participants and meeting settings.

As Storyhub said full HD is only available for Business and Enterprise accounts, but you should be able to get 720p.

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!