cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Delete Recurring Meeting in Outlook 2019 w iCal Calendar

2C
Newcomer
Newcomer

Zoom support is a fail. I have put in two tickets about this and support doesn't respond for a month. Then they finally do, but it doesn't email me a notification so that I know. What in the world?

I was invited to a recurring meeting by a 3rd party. It shows up in my iCloud calendar the 2nd Tues of every month. If I hit Decline to get rid of it, Outlook pops up an error message: Unknown Error.

I can't for the life of me get rid of this. The 3rd party says they have no mtg on their end. How can I rid my calendar of this?

2 REPLIES 2

colegs
Community Champion | Employee
Community Champion | Employee

@2C - Is your Zoom integrated with Outlook?  I am assuming this is a Zoom meeting, are you seeing it in your Zoom meeting list prior to deleting it in iCloud?  Once you get the error, is the meeting still deleted in Outlook and Zoom, or does the error prevent it from being deleted?  Have you checked with Microsoft to see why Outlook is popping up the error, and if there is a log somewhere with more details?  I know Zoom is not natively integrated with iCloud Calendar, so I am not sure how Zoom is involved in an Outlook error when deleting a meeting in iCloud.

joanlee9494
Newcomer
Newcomer

If you're unable to delete a recurring meeting in Outlook 2019 with an iCal calendar, try the following steps:

1. **Open the Calendar:** Go to your calendar view in Outlook where the recurring meeting is located.

2. **Select the Meeting:** Find the recurring meeting you want to delete.

3. **Delete Series:** Right-click on the meeting and choose "Delete Series" or "Delete Occurrence," depending on whether you want to delete just one occurrence or the entire series.

4. **Confirm Deletion:** Confirm the deletion when prompted.

5. **Sync iCal Calendar:** If you're using an iCal calendar, ensure that your Outlook is properly syncing with it. Sometimes, delays in synchronization can cause issues with deleting meetings.

6. **Check Permissions:** Make sure you have appropriate permissions to delete meetings, especially if the calendar is shared or managed by someone else.

If these steps don't work, try restarting Outlook or your computer and attempt the deletion again. If the problem persists, there may be issues with the calendar sync or permissions that might require further investigation.