cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Change Security Settings on Account - Didn't want a waiting room!

Zoom-User9
Newcomer
Newcomer

I have a Pro account and scheduled a weekly meeting. Today was the first meeting. I sent the link that has the passcode embedded, but people were sent to the waiting room. Afterwards, I edited all meetings to check if I might have changed it, but it was still showing, as you can see in the image I sent.

But then, I went to Zoom.us and as you can see, the Security Setting is grayed out and has overridden the meeting setting and required it be secured, and defaulted to the waiting room.

Why won't it let me change this? It's my personal Pro account.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

colegs
Community Champion | Employee

@Zoom-User9 - If it is your personal Pro account, you should be able to go to the account settings (under Account Management) and update the Meeting Security to use Passcode instead of Waiting Room.  You will be required to have some form of security, but you should be able to set which time at the account level.  

Thanks Colegs. I'm confused. Is this different with my instant meeting room? Because I can do an instant meeting and the link works without a passcode or waiting room. Thanks, again for your help.

I just looked further down in the Account Settings and I have selected "Embed passcode in invite link for one-click join." Is that only for instant meetings?

Sorry, put in my response question to you twice. Thanks

colegs

@Zoom-User9 - Those settings look good, but did you also turn off the Waiting Room setting?

colegs_0-1721325363210.png