cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can one account on a Zoom on 2 computers both independently record a meeting?

SJDA
Newcomer
Newcomer

For context: If you start recording after another person on another computer has started recording, does it bump that person off recording?

7 REPLIES 7

ZoomTestKitchen
Community Champion | Customer

Two people in the same Zoom Meeting?

Cloud recording or local recording?

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen

I just updated my question so it is more accurate. 

To answer your questions: yes two people on different computers on the same account in the same Zoom meeting. And I am interested in the local recordings.

ZoomTestKitchen

In a Zoom Meeting the host can start a Cloud Recording or Local Recording, but not both at the same time.

That host can also assign Local Recording Privileges to other Participants. Participants by default can not record a meeting without receiving privileges to do so.

In your case, the Host would start a local recording, grant Local Recording Privileges to the Participant of your choice, and then they could also start a local record.

Granting local record privileges can be done by clicking on the options next to each Participant in the Participant List.

If you find this information helpful, please click on "Accept as Solution".

If you have further questions, please reply, we're happy to help.

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @SJDA

If recording is enabled for the Zoom meeting then anyone who presses the recording button can record. It will not bump the other participant off of the recording that they are making. The recording server looks for the device node ID on the backend for the differing participants to engage the recording server. The screenshot attached is an example of me and another participant recording at the same time. This is a screenshot of the participant window during a session. 

Thanks, 

Brandon 

Screenshot 2023-02-23 at 2.48.10 PM.png

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Thank you. I just updated my question to be more accurate. If you would like, please review it again. You have been helpful.

If I am host on two computers can I record one to the cloud and the other locally?