Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I Fix A Terrible Quality Recording?

NickiG
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi,
I just recorded a live class (I'm a paying Zoom user) and the recording that was saved to the cloud is awful.  It's fuzzy and the audio/video is off.  First, why would this happen? (wifi is working and call went fine).  Second, is there any way to fix this so I can send it out in a viewable way to my clients?
Thanks for any help.

Nicki

2 REPLIES 2

GreenMeeting_ca
Participant
Participant

Now annoying, Nicki.

Fixing bad audio is part art, part science, and part luck. It can be a complete waste of time depending on how bad the audio is.

I'm a 'talking head' producer - in person and online -  and I tell my clients that sound is THE most important part of a talking head production. Without good sound, you do not have a talking head, you only have a head.

If it's one or two participants, the problem could be related to the microphone: the type, the location, the quality, etc. If it's all of the audio...then the problem is likely systemic and could be related to your settings.

That said, I may only be able to offer some comforting words and suggestions for avoiding a repeat of the unacceptable results.

Take a look at the new recording settings in your account to see what cloud recording options you've selected. That could be one issue.

I also go out of my way to use a wired connection when doing anything important with Zoom.

Hope some of that helps.

Cheers,
George
GreenMeeting.ca

Hi, 

Nicki was asking how to fix the audio recording. You just gave advice on how it does not happen next time. I need also to see if there is some miracle app that can remove this compression the ZOOM applies.