cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera Turns Off during Meetings I Host and Attend

Bonsai
Newcomer
Newcomer

My Acer Aspire Z24-880 and I have Windows 10 Installed.  I have attempted to use Zoom on this computer for a year and tried the troubleshooting suggestions that I found on the forums including - Uninstalling and reinstalling the latest Zoom App (completed again this week), lowering my camera Flicker from 60 to 50, and even tried using a Cannon Camera as another option unsuccessfully.  All cameras shut off after being in the meeting for a few minutes where I was visible.  The program acts as if I am choosing to turn off my video feed.   Once I click it back on it quickly turns off again.   I've logged out of meetings and back in, does not work.  I have no other apps that run during these meetings where camera is being used or updated etc.  I use my HP laptop and phone without a problem.  I would like to use my Acer as well.   Hoping I can get some assistance to figure this out.

7 REPLIES 7

RN

Hey @Bonsai, can you please double-check for me the version you're currently running Zoom on? There was a video issue fixed in the latest release! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Bonsai
Newcomer
Newcomer

I downloaded this version from the Download Center yesterday  Version 5.13.5 (12053) (64-bit)  ....  I still had the issue.  If there is a more recent version can you guide me where to find it?

@Bonsai hmm, the latest version 5.13.5 (14826) should've resolved some camera wonkiness. Do you use hardware acceleration for (Windows) enabled on the Acer? Are you currently up-to-date with all Windows 10 releases as well? 

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Hello - I did have the hardware acceleration enabled.  I am up to date on all releases for Windows.  Anticipating the hardware acceleration was another option to try, I disabled the function and restarted my computer then tried Zoom again.  After a short few minutes of the camera being on...I spoke, and a few seconds later the camera turned off.  I turn it back on, it turns back off.  I also tested the Zoom Video settings removing any advanced options as well.  Nothing worked and my video still turned off.  Any other suggestions for troubleshooting?  

Hey @aw04aw @Bonsai some security or anti-virus software will prevent Zoom from accessing the camera. Do you have any security or anti-virus software installed? If so, uninstall or disable them and try again. 

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

aw04aw
Newcomer
Newcomer

My camera is doing the same thing. I will log into zoom for healthcare, and within 15 minutes the camera will shut off with audio working. I originally thought it was the camera on my computer so  purchased a USB version...same issue.  I have updated zoom, restarted the computer and attempted to follow suggestions online to no avail. Any suggestions that others have would be greatly appreciated. 

RichardGuldi
Newcomer
Newcomer

I am using Windows7 on an old laptop.   I can't find any option to use the camera.  The camera works in other apps. How can I turn on the camera for Zoom?