cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Blur Background Missing with Intel M5 6th Gen proc?

RSSAZ
Newcomer
Newcomer

I've  updated my Zoom account and troubleshoot but I don't seem to have the option to blur my background on my PC. I have a Dell 7370 with Intel Core M5-6Y54 which is 6th gen proc. I see on video requirements listing Core i5 6th gen and above work and while it says to exclude U series there's is nothing at all mentioned about M-series anywhere in the overall desktop client requirements page.  

Note:  Blur background works in MS Teams video calls but not Zoom on this pc

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

bstrelko
Community Champion | Customer

Agreed that Zoom could provide more clarity regarding which models are whitelisted for blurred/virtual backgrounds.

Regardless, it looks like your M-series processor does not meet Zoom's minimum requirements. As a 2-core processor launched in Q3 2015 (with Intel's end-of-servicing date 9/30/22), this would struggle with Zoom's current background replacement algorithms and negatively affect performance (comparing Zoom to Teams is apples and oranges in this case).

Workarounds include using another software for virtual background replacement and then taking the virtual camera out from that software and piping it into Zoom (OBS, ManyCam, etc). This is going to create additional work for your CPU and will likely bring your computer to a crawl. 

Wish I had better news!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

bstrelko

Agreed that Zoom could provide more clarity regarding which models are whitelisted for blurred/virtual backgrounds.

Regardless, it looks like your M-series processor does not meet Zoom's minimum requirements. As a 2-core processor launched in Q3 2015 (with Intel's end-of-servicing date 9/30/22), this would struggle with Zoom's current background replacement algorithms and negatively affect performance (comparing Zoom to Teams is apples and oranges in this case).

Workarounds include using another software for virtual background replacement and then taking the virtual camera out from that software and piping it into Zoom (OBS, ManyCam, etc). This is going to create additional work for your CPU and will likely bring your computer to a crawl. 

Wish I had better news!

Thank you for the in depth reply.  I figured this was the case but was hopeful I was missing something that would make it work since M-series was absent in the requirements section.