bionic_eyes
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hardware/Software:

Mac M1 on Sonoma 14.4.1

Bose QuietComfort 700 headphones

Zoom Workplace 6.0.72

Problem:

I connect my headset to my computer as default sound input and output. I enter a meeting, headset works great. I leave that meeting and go to another meeting. No sound. When I run the audio tests I get activity bars for microphone input and sound output but I hear nothing on playback and no one can hear me talk.

I've done various restarts and connect/disconnects, tried switching between "system" and the entry for the headset. I can't find any true pattern to when it's going to fail, but usually it works for the first meeting and fails for the second one.

1 REPLY 1

storyhub
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

These headphones have numerous issues with IOS devices. Since the headphone app can connect the headphones to multiple devices, be sure that the app only connects to the M1 Mac. Be sure that the mic and speaker selections in Zoom are connected to this device and not the computers local mic. Be sure that IOS has authorized the device. Try rebooting the computer between meetings to see if something needs to be reset that is not readily apparent.