Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Closed Captions Translations - Changes for all participants

Kurt0375
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi,

New to using the Automatic Translations tool and the Translations. What I have noticed is with this active, when one participant changes the language of the Closed captions it changes it for everyone, it seems one user cant see English CC and another participant see French.

Is this correct or have I made a settings mistake?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

storyhub
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Yes, that is true. However, the host can lock it to a specific language that can't be changed by participants. Translation to multiple languages is expected to be done verbally by translators on separate audio channels.

Kurt0375
Newcomer
Newcomer

Thank you for the reply, I also raised this with Zoom support but got a different answear
Participants can choose their language of caption translation independent to each other.

For example: 
User A and User B has a speaking language as English 
User A can have caption translation language as French 
User B can  have caption  translation language as German

But this is not the behaviour I am experiencing and raised it with support.

tw-ls
Newcomer
Newcomer

I am in session right now and experiencing the same. Guests are not able to select their language. We have previously tested and it worked. Today, it is not working.

ERB
Newcomer
Newcomer

I was in a large Zoom meeting yesterday, and it was like watching the "Battle of the Languages".  Every few seconds various participants changed the closed captioning language for ALL of us, ie: from English>>Spanish>Arabic>Portuguese>English, etc.  It was constant, highly distracting, and the Host was saying each Participant can lock their CC-language, but this was NOT working.  The Host has declined to help, which makes learning much more complicated.  Does anyone have a current solution, as the course continues again in 1 hour?

Thank you.