cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio on browser meeting cuts out intermittently

zodedo
Newcomer
Newcomer

TL:DR; I need to know how to find out what's wrong.

The video rarely has an issue, but the audio issue is consistent, so this issue is perplexing. The audio is usually of more importance, and it cuts out for any talker about every minute and a half for about 5 seconds. I'm having to ask people to repeat their last sentence(s) often in a meeting, and it's starting to aggravate everyone.

I need to know how to troubleshoot this issue. Everything else using the internet is running fine. I've been running speed tests when the issue happens and there's nothing showing an issue, everything looks normal.

I did notice that at the office I don't run into the issue, so it has something to do with my setup, though I haven't tested in the app (and I don't want to). What I'm looking for is how to find out what's wrong. I need to know if there's some sort of debugging menu/HUD/logging or something that can show me what's going on when the audio cuts out. It obviously has something to do with the audio stream, which apparently is on its own channel or buffer separate from video. I need to know what is failing there, how to troubleshoot it, and how to fix it. I shouldn't need to install the Zoom app to have sensible meetings; Zoom provides the browser option and it should work right consistently, period.

Summary: I need to know how to find out what's wrong.

0 REPLIES 0