cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio not enabled during Zoom meeting when streaming from a Samsung table to a Samsung TV

pgorney007
Newcomer
Newcomer

When attanding a zoom meeting I am on a Samsung tablet connected using the Smartthings app to a Samsung TV and the Zoom audio will not output from the TV. I have tried the Zoom settings and that does not appear to fix the issue. Samsung stated that due to privacy concerns, Zoom will not stream audio from the tablet to the TV. Can anyone confirm this?

2 REPLIES 2

ScouseNotEnglsh
Newcomer
Newcomer

I am having the same issue, i have paid alot of money to pursue a course online, and as a Samsung user i attend every meeting/class via my Sam Tab/Phone however no matter how i connect to my Samsung TV, the audio will not come out of the speakers, its very very annoying...

MGSR

Hello there,

Sorry for the late response. I have been working on your concern and came across this on Samsung's Community:

"Video conferencing software relies on the fact that it knows which device the sound is being reproduced  on, and so knows the exact timing of it.  If it were to allow the TV to make the sound, there would be no way of cancelling that audio from the microphone on the device running the software, and so it would end in a feedback mess."

An alternative that we can see is getting a Smart TV that video conferencing apps like Zoom is compatible and can be downloaded in the TV itself.

Thank you for understanding.