cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio Test Fails with 1 second sound, then no sound on Desktop

llkondo
Newcomer
Newcomer

Why does the audio test fail to give more than 1 second of sound on a given speaker? Yet in a zoom meeting, both the microphone and the speaker seems to work fine? This seems to be a glitch in the audio test for speakers itself. Has anyone else encountered this problem? How do you get the audio test to work properly again? Does deleting the zoom account and then restoring it back again help?

2 REPLIES 2

amaccawley
Newcomer
Newcomer

I have the same issue. Test speaker sound 1 sec and the stops. Also I'm having issues on hearing some participants.

storyhub
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Most audio issues reside at the OS level or from a participant's computer that has too much background noise or a participant that is too far from the mic giving a poor signal to noise ratio. Since no hardware was specified try resetting the OSs audio settings to default. If you are using WiFi that can lead to streaming issues that can interrupt audio. As an audio engineer I know that computer audio can be very complicated because there are lots of settings and numerous factors affecting the performance. Many computers were designed with audio as an after thought.